Fr. Steven Voss Guild of Northern Colorado
The Catholic Medical Association is a national, physician-led community of thousands of healthcare professionals. Its mission is to inform, organize, and inspire its members to uphold the principles of the Catholic faith in the science and practice of medicine.
How to Pray for Healing in Your Life
In Your Medical Practice
Father Gregg Pedersen
- Learn basic principles of how to pray for healing as a Catholic
- Hear testimony of what has worked in the medical field
Father Gregg Pedersen is pastor of Our Lady of the Valley Catholic Church in Windsor, Colorado. He has led the Healing Ministry at Our Lady of the Valley for five years. The Healing Ministry includes medical professionals who have witnessed the miracle of healing through the power of prayer. View pre-recorded presentation
Webinar Replay: Spiritual and Ethical Decision Making at the end of life
Presented by Deacon/Doctor John Volk
Spiritual and Ethical Decision Making at the End of Life
• Accepting and declining treatment – ordinary & extraordinary means
• Pain control – the principal of double effect
• Nutrition and hydration
• Advance directives and living wills – developing Catholic language
Equality Act HR-5 Resources
As the Catholic Church in the United States, it is imperative we contact our U.S. Senators to vote “NO” the Equality Act H.R. 5. The future of America’s first and most sacred right to religious liberty and freedom of conscience depends on it.
- Send a personalized message to your U.S. Senators here:
- Additional Resources for Understanding the Equality act and Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Issues (SOGI)
- Learn more about the Equality Act here.
- Learn how to call your Senators here.
- Find resources for your family, school or parish here.
- Additional resources for families with school-aged children are available here.
- Watch Walt’s Story, the lived experience of someone who experienced gender dysphoria here.
- Read more about medical treatments used to transition here.
- A Letter to the Faithful from the Bishops of Colorado on Equality Act H.R.5
Click the link below to log in and send your message:
COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
Covid-19 Vaccines FAQ
Do you have questions about the Covid-19 Vaccine? You are not alone!
The Father Steven Voss Guild of the Catholic Medical Association of Northern Colorado answered frequently asked questions about the Covid-19 Vaccines. The presentation and the panel discussion by Northern Colorado Catholic physicians and Deacon Rob Lanciotti, a retired CDC virologist.
Did you enjoy this video? Please help us continue to provide medical education consistent with Catholic Church teaching through your generous donation. Click here or scan the QR code to donate. Your support is sincerely appreciated.
- Catholic Medical Association Coronavirus Website
- NCBC Resources in Response to COVID
- Letter from the CMA “Coronavirus & Celebrating Mass”
- Letter from Archbishop Samuel Aquila
- Doctor, Doctor Radio episode with Dr. Paul Carlson, Infectious Disease Specialist
(aired 3/14/2020, and available online for streaming)
- The CDC and European CDC web sites offer current, accurate information, as does the National Catholic Bioethics Center.
- For additional resources, including spiritual resources, click here
Abortion Pill Rescue
Even in uncertain times like these, our mission is critical! In fact, amid the COVID-19 pandemic, we have seen chemical abortion be pushed more and more as a “safer, healthier at-home” option for abortion. To see what Heartbeat has to say to the pregnancy help world regarding coronavirus, pregnancy, breastfeeding, and more, click here. If we can expand coverage in Northern Colorado of providers who are participating in the Abortion Pill Reversal protocol, we could advertise its availability in our area. Until now, our coverage has been 1-3 providers. Calls are infrequent, but almost always on weekends (when abortions have been offered). Please consider participating and email Dr. Monica Serrano-Toy for more information.
Fr. Steven Voss Guild Of Northern Colorado CMA Board Members:
Monica Serrano-Toy, MD, President Kevin Felix, MD
Mark Landmeier, MD, Vice-President Deacon John Volk, MD
Elvira Aguila,MD, Secretary Bethany Engblom, MD
Beth Maes, MD, Treasurer
Copyright © 2019
Catholic Medical Association
All rights reserved.